3.28.2021

Mama Tree




In my best moments of being a mom I see myself as a tree.  

Providing shelter and safety, a steady refuge.

Giving nourishment, lovingly pouring out life. 

A place of rest, of cool shade from the hot sun and busy world-

to seek growth and bloom peace, sow seeds of hope and harvest goodness.

Rooted deeply in love, quietness, wisdom, and beauty.

Embedded in the rhythms of the earth, branches reaching to the heavens.

A home for little ones

with strong limbs to hold them,

and a heart full of gratitude. 


In two days I leave a one year season of being rooted at home, which included almost ten months of being at home with my baby, which included many mama tree moments (but also some mama hurricane and mama desert moments). Before I return to work, I wanted to capture this newfound piece of myself I've discovered in my time at home with my little one. 

On the couch or the rocking chair, when I settle in to nurse or soothe my baby, I feel such a peace. The usually rowdy crazy dog settles in by my feet. I see his eyes close and feel his breathing slow. My sweet little one borrows her soft, tiny body close to me, she is nourished and safe and loved. The act of giving to them fills me up. 

I am so thankful for this season I've had at home. To build deep roots, to harvest peace. While my schedule will look different and days will be much more full, I look forward to finding this rest and joy at the end of each day.

6 comments:

  1. Suas postagens são ótimas, estou seguindo seu blog e curtindo bastante!! Parabéns!

    Meu Blog: Vanessa Dias

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Natural Remedies for Bronchiectasis made from one hundred percent natural herbs so it never bases any kind of chronic bronchiectasis, lethargy, and fatigue. Changes in your airway cannot be reversed, but there are ways you and your healthcare team can treat and manage with natural remedies for Bronchiectasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Descobri este site essa semana e já estou adorando os conteúdos, são ótimos!

    Parabéns! 👏

    Meu Blog: Laura Monteiro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal Treatment for Bell’s Palsy efforts on fighting anxiety, aggressive active worms, and activating a reply in the spoiled nerve tissue to heal itself. Natural Remedies for Bell’s Palsy Herbal Treatment. However, an initial natural way may benefit Bell’s palsy patients. Natural Treatment for Bell’s Palsy options for fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Sketch thanks for sharing
    https://dripwearofficial.com/collections/crop-tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple cider vinegar has been used as a people Natural Remedies for Actinic Keratosis to treat skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis. If you’re looking to treat your AK to use best Herbal Supplement for Actinic Keratosis, it’s hard to find one more potent than olive leaf extract. Dandelion root may be useful in Treneton, treating actinic keratosis, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.