8.21.2017

Enjoying Summer to the Fullest: Casual Style

When I was growing up, we did back to school shopping HARD. CORE. It was a blast. My mom, sis, and I would hit the mall for hours at a time and find tons of cute styles. We would do fashion shows when we got home. When the first day of school rolled around, I was so excited to wear my brand new cordouroys and sweater, but when recess rolled around I found myself sweating buckets on the playground because it was still 80 degrees out. 

In that spirit, while many other bloggers are busting out the pumpkin spice recipes, boots and cozy cardigan outfits, and fall decor tips, I am still over here in full summer mode. Summer is my favorite season, and I want to enjoy every moment until Fall is here full force! 
 Don't get me wrong, I love crunchy leaves and crisp fall air and the "fresh start" feeling it brings, but I want to live in the moment and enjoy the rest of this beautiful bright season. I think there is something to be said for the mindfulness of enjoying what is happening right now.
For today I have one of my favorite summer casual looks. A loose tank with a pretty bralette, fitted striped skirt, and sneakers. A cross-body bag, rose gold blingy earrings, compass necklace, and retro sunnies add to the relaxed vibe. I pulled my hair back into a half-up fish braid, a new-to-me style that I am loving. 
 Fall will come soon, and this teacher goes back to work on Friday (eek!), but for now I am going to enjoy a few more days poolside and sun-kissed. 

2 comments:

  1. I so feel like when I was going back (back in the day!) it was cooler already. For my kids they totally don't need new clothes until it gets to be mid October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.