9.03.2018

God knows what he's doing in my life, and always has.

My 28th birthday is in two days, and for the first time I feel I need to look back and really reflect on  27 before I welcome the next year.
27 was really an incredible year for me. I travelled out of the country for the first time, and had three more amazing long-distance domestic trips. I started a new job that I love, and I work with a wonderful team. I had an immeasurable amount of joyful moments with friends and family, and I truly have an amazing network of people in my life. This year has been such a blessing and I've felt so alive.
27 has been especially beautiful because 26 was quite rough. This year was full of healing and newfound joy and hope. I found ways to let go, relax, and trust in ways I had forgotten. In December I recognized a song that so clearly spoke the anthem of my heart for this year:

I feel glorious, glorious
 Got a chance to start again
I was born for this, born for this
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
 I feel glorious, glorious

-Glorious by Macklemore ft. Skylar Grey (sidenote: the music video is very sweet and worth a watch)

I was driving the other day reflecting on year 27 and looking at the unknown of year 28 (anyone else have their best epiphanies while driving?) and this thought occurred to me:

God knows what he's doing in my life, and always has. 

As I look back at the hardships I faced in 26, I recognize that in my lowest low his goodness was so clear to me. My faith had nothing to do with him giving me good circumstances, but everything to do with him loving me enough to go to the cross to be with me always. When I look at the joy I faced in 27, I recognize the freedom of redemption and that the Lord rejoices with me. Through all the other highs and lows of my life, it's clear that Jesus is with me and for me. He has a plan for redemption, renewal, and healing for the whole world and for me, and for you, too. When I look back at my life, there is no doubt that God knows what he's up to, and it's something glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.