11.30.2018

November Friday Favorites

It's been a few months since I've done a "Friday Favorites" post! Here it is in all it's glory, a highlight of my favorites from November! Teachers lovingly call this month "No School November", so I got to do lots of fun things this month.

Adventures 

Our friend Jose won a hotel stay and wine tasting in McMinnville, so we enjoyed a super nice weekend lounging and sipping drinks all day. It was dreamy.
We checked out the local bars on Friday night. We camped out quite a while at the cellar bar in McMenamins Hotel Oregon. 
On Saturday we wine tasted at Coleman Vineyard, it was relaxing and a beautiful property.
         Thanksgiving of course was another highlight. Here's my mom with my niece and nephew.
I participated in the "ask your mom how to cook a 10 pound turkey in the microwave" challenge and loved her response. 
We did the Turkey Trot at Portland International Raceway for the second year in a row. It feels so good to get in a 5k before eating 5k calories on Thanksgiving, and the lights are a really fun way to bring in the Holiday season.  

Entertainment 

I've been listening to Andrew McMahon for over half my life and his music totally speaks to my soul, so a new album made me so happy. "House in the Trees" and "Paper Rain" are my favorites so far. 
Along with the rest of the world according to the charts, I am LOVING Lauren Diagle's new album. I've especially been blasting "Under Your Wings" this month. 

I love going to high school musicals every November. David Douglas High School, Daniel's alma mater, puts on fabulous shows every year. I enjoyed seeing great performances there, and where I teach at Canby High School.
I got the game Azul for my birthday, we played it a lot this month. It's a strangely relaxing strategy game, it's really beautifully made and aesthetically pleasing. 
 The Green Book was an awesome movie I highly recommend, funny and meaningful.

Home

This is one of my favorite sheet pan meals for fall. The other ingredients really soak up the apple sweetness and it's delicious. 
 Homemade Gyros were super delicious. 
 My friend Erica shared this awesome use of leftover cranberry sauce in a bowl of oatmeal! I used her recipe and it was so tasty and filling. 
Daniel recently refinished this side table from his grandparents. I'm loving cozy afternoons reading with tea within reach.
I'm still enjoying experimenting with some hand lettering.

 Style

I tried to bust out a lot of skirts and dresses before it got too cold. 
Boots, sweaters, and jackets are my jam at this chilly and wet time of year.
I've been loving my statement necklaces lately. 

What are your faves this month? Thanks for stopping by!

linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.