5.06.2015

Spring Favorite Things: Style

I just love Spring. Even though it usually means an allergy explosion for me, it more importantly means longer and warmer days, lots of fun gatherings, and a fresh start.
 To share my love for all things Spring, I am doing a series called Spring Favorite Things. This is the first one, and it's all about style.



I would describe my style as happy colors, floral patterns, and girly yet casual.

Luckily, those styles work wonderfully with Spring!

I wanted to share with you three of my favorite spring styles.

1. Bold Patterns
I found this pencil skirt at an AWESOME second hand store here in Hermiston. It's Alfani and I got it for $20! I'm excited to play around with different looks with it. For spring it pairs great with a crisp white blouse and a bright pink cardigan.
Skirt- Alfani
Blouse- Worthington
Sweater- H & M



Polka dots are so happy and cheerful! This scarf actually has secret mickey mouse heads on it, it's very subtle so it still goes with anything.
Scarf- Disneyland
T-shirt: Kohl's
Sweater: Forever 21
Pants: Old Navy



I love the colors and swing of this skirt. It makes a big statement on it's own so it pairs great with neutrals.
skirt: Romy
shoes: Jellypop
T-shirt: Wet Seal

2. Floral Details


Let's be real I wear floral year round, but I especially like wearing little flower details in Spring. There are so many cute floral jewelry designs that can really be found anywhere, especially Target or Forever 21.

Sweet floral embellishments on a top just say Spring!
Tank Top: Old Navy
Necklace: Forever 21
Skirt: American Eagle
Bag: Ross



Jamberry Nail Wraps has a ton of amazing floral patterns. If you've never tried Jamberry, they have awesome nail wraps you apply using heat and last for about 10 days. I needed to watch some tutorials to get it exactly right, but they're pretty easy to apply. Using just one floral wrap as an accent adds that pop of Spring. I got to do two polish manicures with my wraps since they last ten days- yellow, and pink French tips. I do French tips the cheap and easy way by putting tape over my nails :)



3. Peachy Pink Makeup Hues


My skin tone was made for this color palette, but it doesn't always work in winter when I am deathly pale .I love it in Spring! It's fresh, pretty, and natural.



My favorite product for this color palette is Bare Minerals eye shadow compact, The Happy Place. It's a bit of a splurge, but I received it as a gift and have been enjoying it for 3 years!




Thanks for stopping by and celebrating Spring with me! What are your favorite styles for this season? 

This week I'm linking up with:
Style Elixir
 Lizzie in Lace
Get Your Pretty On
For the Love of Leopard
Shopping My Closet
Pastries, Pumps, and Pi
Pumps and Push Ups
Classy Yet Trendy 
Jo-Lynne Shayne
Danielle 
Mahogany Closet
Titus 2sday
Walking in Memphis in High Heels
Confident Tuesdays

10 comments:

  1. LOVE all of your details, bright colors and patterns! I can tell that we share a bit of the same style, so I am glad that you found my blog :-) And that skirt at the top? Great find! It's gorgeous!

    Liz
    http://lizzieinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spring season. There are so many colors and prints you can wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, spring is amazin. I live in the country with no season now, but I have spring in my heart.o) Beautiful colors and floral accesories.o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, and thanks for stopping by! Spring in your heart can help make any day feel like spring :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the print of the pencil skirt. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tameka, and thanks for hosting the link up!!

      Delete
  5. I really like that stripe skirt and your fun jamberry nails. We have nearly identical style preferences (floral, girly, happy!) , only I'm on the, errr, less casual side. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your style is adorable! I love the dressier touches. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I definitely love florals and pastels for spring!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the prints on the skirts. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.