10.04.2015

Menu Plan Monday: Back to the Routine!


Hello friends! It's Menu Plan Monday!


Our menu planning was all over the place in the summer due to lots of traveling. Now that we're getting back into the swing of a routine, I have enjoyed getting back to menu planning!

Ok, I recently purchased an amazing meal planning notebook on Etsy from  http://www.carrieelle.com/. I plan to tell you more about it in another post, but it has definitely been inspiring me to meal plan more!

We decided to add a little more structure to our menu plan to encourage healthy dinners. So now we have Meatless Monday, Low Carb Tuesday, Slow-cooker Sunday. Well, we splurge a little on Thursday with take out or a quick, easy meal because we're usually exhausted on Thursday night.

This week's meal plan has a lot of yummy, flavorful dinners that are easy to portion in healthy sizes and they all have veggies (another menu planning goal I am working on)!

On the weekend we had family visit. Because I didn't start cooking till a few years ago and then moved away, I've had few chances to cook for family and I am always excited when I get the opportunity. I had fun cooking for them and we enjoyed hanging out together. We went on a nice sunset walk up the Butte to show them a bird's eye view of Hermiston.


Daniel and I on top of the Butte at sunset.

And here's the menu!

Monday- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells and Roasted Broccoli
Tuesday- Salmon-Vegetable Bake
Wednesday- Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Thursday- Loaded Baked Potatoes
Friday- Eat out
Saturday- Family over for dinner! Breaded Cod, Asparagus, and Red Lobster Rolls
Sunday- Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken on Rolls, with Green Beans

Here's to a happy and yummy week!


Gratefully linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsey. It's so nice to meet you. Way to go upping the veggies. I'd love to know more about the meal planning notebook. Have an awesome Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.