9.25.2016

Floppy Hat & Fall Date Style

 


I love making weekend get aways to explore new places. About a month ago we took a date weekend getaway to Joseph, Oregon in the Wallowa Mountains. Holy cow, it was beautiful! 

On our getaways we usually spend most of our time hiking and adventuring, but we always take one night to dress up and have a date night. 
Plus, a beautiful setting and great outfit is a perfect excuse to get my husband to take blog pictures for me :)
I'm usually not a big hat wearer, but I'd had my eyes out for a floppy felt hat. The pearls on this hat added a major touch of my style on a trendy piece.

 We stayed at a really cool Air BnB, the Jennings Hotel. Bonus, it was above an amazing chocolate shop!
This date outfit is perfect for those early Fall evenings when the sun is still shining. A patterned shift dress is stylish and comfortable for walking around town, and pairs perfectly with a floppy hat and ankle booties.  I've gotten a crazy amount of mileage out of these ankle booties, they go with everything!

What do you like to wear for date nights in the Fall?

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Fall! 
linking up with: 

9 comments:

  1. just lovely! Adore the way you wore the hat with the dress . . . so 60s

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! It is such a 60's look- I didn't even realize!

      Delete
  2. I've been loving hats lately---they are such a great statement piece!!
    How nice you make sure to have a "date" night even when exploring!!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty dress! I am coming around to hats, they can be so fun as an accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty dress! I love the ankle boots and hat paired with them!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect styling! That hat looks great on you! Love the print of your dress!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat on you, and that mountain view is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.