1.24.2016

Elegant Overcoat Ensemble

"I put on my overcoat and walked into winter, my teeth chattered rhythms
And they were grouped in twos or threes
Like a Morse code message was sent from me to me"
Death Cab for Cutie, I Was a Kaleidoscope


Sometimes I really love putting together classy, elegant looks. This coat always does the trick. Long, wool, and fitted at the waist; it gives that classic and timeless vibe.



The coat and patterned skirt are unique enough that black tights, a tucked in white t-shirt, and oxford heels finish the outfit quite nicely. 


I accessorized with a sparkly statement necklace and a simple ponytail. I wore this look to work, but it also is great for Holidays. I wore almost the same thing on Christmas, just an oatmeal sweater tucked in instead of the tee. 
I found this skirt at Old Navy for $8 in November, so I'm thinking it must have been designed to be a summer skirt. I think the rich gold hue is moody enough to work well for other seasons, too. How do you like to style a coat for a somewhat dressed up look? Let me know in the comments.


 And here's a collage of me being a dork :)


Coat- Tulle, Nordstrom BP
Tee- Gap
Skirt- Old Navy
Necklace- Charming Charlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.