7.14.2016

Fresh Summer Lunches

I'm a teacher, so I have summers off (yay!). This weird thing has been happening around noon. I actually have the opportunity to eat something besides leftovers or a hastily thrown together sandwich for lunch! I've been playing around with ways to liven up my lunch that are fresh and come together somewhat quickly. Plus, these ideas all boast at least one serving of veggies!





Wraps
I love throwing a variety of fresh ingredients into a wrap. This one has lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, deli turkey, and pesto.

Serve it with some fruit and sun chips and you have a well balanced yummy lunch! 

Stuffed Veggies
I always thought that you had to cook stuffed veggies in the oven for like an hour, but there are actually some really quick ways to cook them on the stove! These were pizza style stuffed peppers filled with ground turkey, sauteed greens, and cheeses. 

Salads
are always a good lunch time option. I get bored with plain leaves and lettuce, so I like to mix up the ingredients. This salad has blueberries, goat cheese, pecans, and sunflower seeds on spinach with poppyseed dressing. Mmm.


Quesadillas
Quesadillas can be more diverse than you think, check out this mouthwatering buzzfeed page for inspiration. I grilled up some bell peppers and completed the meal with a big pile of salsa. 



Big Ol' Pile of Veggies
This was one of those "oh shoot, we're leaving for a week and our fridge is full" meals. I ended up making a bowl with quinoa, red peppers, asparagus, corn, edamame, greens, cilantro, and shrimp. So I guess technically it was a big ol' pile of veggies plus shrimp. I threw together a peanut sauce to top it with. This was a lot of veggies for my husband and our friend who was over for lunch, but I loved it. There's just something about  a big mix of veggies with a delicious sauce that really hits the spot for me.



What's your favorite meals to eat for lunch when you have time to prepare? Do you ever just make a big ol' pile of veggies for a meal? Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with: 


7 comments:

  1. Yum! I just ate dinner but now I'm hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of delicious summer lunches! I really appreciate you sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big pile of veggies meal idea- and peanut sauce, mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love summer salads- so yummy! Happy Tuesday!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome -- I am also off for the summer and have had fun trying me things now that I have time. I am eating lots of fresh tomatoes --they are SO DELICIOUS and around for such a short time. I'm your neighbor at Titus 2 Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love salads. So versatile. Your stuffed peppers look yum. I love veggies on top of some great rice. My fav salad right now has field greens, a handul of cheese tortellini (instead of crutons), red peppers, Gorgonzola cheese, cranberries or cherries (dried ) and walnuts. Soo yum. Thanks for the ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so fresh and good! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.