6.01.2018

May Friday Favorites

Happy Happy Friday, my friends!
I recently came across this super fun blog party called "Friday Favorites" where everyone shares what they are excited about lately. This will be my first time joining! So here's a little insight into what I am up to and loving these days.

Entertainment

A big highlight recently was attending an Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness concert at the Hawthorne. I have legit been listening to Andrew since I was twelve years old. His music has spoken to me in so many different seasons. While on The Pen & Piano Tour he's performing acoustic versions of songs from all of his projects and albums. It was a very intimate venue and it was such a creative, inspiring, and soul-filling night! If you've never checked out Andrew McMahon before, you just have to. He has a very unique brand of indie rock that includes mad piano skills. 
Now that I'm done with grad school I have a lot more time to read for pleasure (YAY!). I'm usually not one for nonfiction, but I picked up Mindy Kaling's "Why Not Me?" after finishing "The Mindy Project" on Hulu. I absolutely adore her quirky, honest, and spunky personality and it comes through in her writing. This is an easy and uplifting read.
In March, Daniel told me about the "1 Second Everyday" app. I love it! You take a one second video each day of a special moment, and the app mashes them all together into a quick video. I'll be sharing my May video on my Instagram soon! 

Home


I attempted to grow a window herb garden from seeds and failed. It started out really well, but after I thinned them I horribly overwatered the remaining sprouts. My solution- buy fully grown herbs that will be more resilient! I am loving having fresh cilantro, basil, mint, and rosemary to throw in dishes. 
Speaking of mint, we are really ramping up our green smoothie consumption and this is one of my favorites. It seriously tastes like this frappuccino that I used to get at Nordstrom when my mom and I would wander the mall, but is packed with produce.
I'm definitely a phase person for breakfast, and right now I'm in an egg phase. I'm loving making a scramble or frittata on Monday morning and enjoying it all week. Getting some protein and healthy fats in early helps keep me full longer, too. 

Style


 With the sun out and this teacher getting lazy towards the end of the year, I've been less and less willing to get up early enough to blow dry my hair. I'm learning to embrace my natural hair texture, it takes just a few minutes to dry and straighten my bangs so the cowlicks don't go crazy, and use some products to smooth and add some texture to the rest. I like Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk and Aussie Scrunch Mousse.

Little Things

Our apartment is right next to a beautiful city park. I've enjoyed the towering evergreens all year, and through May I was delighted to see dozens of flowering bushes in every color! I loved slowly walking through the park, getting a close look at the blooms and appreciating each hue.
This past month has been full of get-togethers, with both family and friends. From playing 7 on 2 night basketball (the team of two won), to tacos and margaritas with the girls, to nights out in our college town, to family special day celebrations, this month has been full of wonderful moments with wonderful people. I really treasure relationships and store up these good moments!

What are your favorite things lately? Thanks for stopping by!

linking up with:
Friday Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.