12.28.2018

Cheers to Four Years of Blogging!

I started blogging in December 2014. Here was my first Instagram post spreading the word about my new project:
While the layout, design, and style of my blog has changed, my heart behind it is the same and I love the fun, creative, and challenging outlet blogging has become. I've learned so much (check out some of my oldest posts), and I know I have lots more to learn!

As this month is my blogiversary, I thought just for a fun I'd share some random facts about me so readers can get to know me better, or those who know me well might just learn something new! I appreciate my readers and the support and encouragement you've given me over the last four years. I love sharing my heart with you!

1. I began blogging when Daniel and I had first moved to Hermiston and I was substitute teaching. I felt like I needed a consistent project and outlet, with the day to day unpredictability of subbing.

2. I've seen most of my favorite musicians live. A few of my very favorite concerts I've been to are Taylor Swift, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Jason Mraz, and the Dixie Chicks. A few favorites still left on my concert bucket list: The Rocket Summer, Kesha, Britt Nicole, and the ultimate bucket list concert would be Nsync, if that were to happen!

3. I changed majors my junior year of college. I spent a fifth year there, and most of my girlfriends graduated the year before me, which meant I spent a year with all the bros. I loved it and always find a special kind of joy in time with the bros.
4. I had never been to Disneyland until my senior year of high school, and I have been six more times since. I first boarded an airplane at 19, and my first time out of the country was last year, when we went most of the way around the world to New Zealand!
5. Daniel is a major sports fan and I am not, but I am proud that I've learned enough that now you can tell me any city and I can tell you the NBA team! 

6. I'm blessed with hair that doesn't need to be washed often, and I stretch it out to 4 days quite frequently. 

7. Favorite drinks at a bar: mojito, lemon drop, McMenamin's Terminator Stout and Ruby Ale.
   Favorite wines: gewurztraminer and jammy cabernets.
   Favorite coffee shop drinks: chai latte, salted caramel hot chocolate.
   Favorite teas: fruity and cozy, I love roobios.

8. A dear friend gave me my first bible in 2009. It's a journaling bible and the spine fell apart 6 years ago, but I couldn't bear to replace it until this Christmas. 

9. I am fascinated by personality tests and I love the Enneagram. I can never decide if I am a 2 or a 4, I lean towards 4 but I identify strongly with parts of both, with my need to create being a strong 4 trait and my heart for relationships a strong 2 trait. My husband Daniel is most definitely a 9. 

10. I took ballet in middle and high school, and one year in college. I still remember many of the french terms, and when I'm on a nice wooden floor I can't resist dancing around. 

11. I'm addicted to this ridiculous Candy Crush type game called Disney Dream Treats. I only play it on my iPad, so I'm proud of that self-control. I've been on the same level for 3 months. 

12. I like to think of myself as a bit of a foodie, and enjoying the finer flavors in life, but I can't deny that a burger and fries will always be one of my favorite meals.
13. I've always been a journaler, and I wrote a lot of stories as a kid, and I wrote a novel length story in middle school. I would love to write a book but I am so intimidated!

14. One time my dad and I demolished a 9X11 lasagna in one sitting. This is a legend in our fam. 

15. I kind of hated exercise as a kid and it totally shocked my parents when I became a fitness instructor. I've been teaching some form of aerobic dance since 2010.
I taught my first aerobics class in a residence hall ballroom. 
16. I've noticed I tend to repeatedly buy the same items in my closet every few years and wear them until they get grubby. I think in the last ten years I've owned four or five different blush sweatshirts.

17. For some weird reason I love slow animals. Turtles, slugs, hermit crabs, snails... they have a place in my heart.

18. I have pretty intense seasonal allergies but I've never let them keep me from enjoying spring, even if it means spending the evening with a washcloth over my eyes. I also have Oral Allergy Syndrome, which means many fresh fruits, nuts, and veggies make my throat itch and are uncomfortable for me to eat, but it is not dangerous. 

19. While in college I once skipped class in order to catch bread bowl day at the dining hall. 

20. I'm a high school special education teacher, the class I teach is called Academic Growth. I work with students who have mostly general education classes and just need a little support. I'm super passionate about helping these students grow, and nothing gets me more fired up than fighting for their opportunities.

21. I grew up frequenting the mall with my mom and sister, and it will always be a special place for us. I think that's part of why I love fashion so much. 
We inducted my niece Ada into the mall sisterhood a couple of years ago.
22. My hands are unique. I'm left-handed, my palms have been wrinkly my whole life, and I'm double jointed. 

23. I like doing challenging physical tasks like 5k's, zip-lining, and intense hikes, but it's not easy for me to do- it's a big mental game.
Can you see the mind game in my expression? 
24. I love, love, love to swim and play in the water and I will get in regardless of the temperature- including on the Oregon coast!
\
Thank you for stopping by my blog and encouraging me on this creative outlet- please tell me one fact I may not know about you! 

linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.