2.17.2016

A Touch of Sparkle

I love sparkles.
But I haven't always.


In fact I had a bit of a punk rock phase, objecting to all things girly, in middle school. Surprising I know. Luckily I started wearing colors besides red and black somewhere around ninth grade. Since then I have even embraced sparkles.


Sparkles always make me feel more pretty and feminine and a tiny bit princess-y, even if I have a crazy day or my hair is kind of dirty (ahem, with very thick hair sometimes I get lazy).



I got this cowl scarf as a Christmas gift from a friend. It has hues of oatmeal, grey, pink and touches of sparkle. This headband from Francesca adds just the right amount of sparkle to give that princess-y feel.

When I first looked at the pictures from this shoot, I was sad to see all the zoomed out ones were not great- the edge of my slip is showing! My first thought was I won't post any full-outfit shots. Then I thought about how we only share things on blogs and social media that are perfect. I realized I want you to know I definitely do not have perfect and polished outfits every single second. So here's my full outfit shot, complete with too-long slip.


Scarf- JC Penney
Headband- Francesca's
Dress- Forever 21 (See another style with this dress here)
Ankle booties- Payless (also worn here and here)



Did you have any awkward fashion phases like my punk rock phase in middle school? What do you think of sparkles?

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook for fashion picks and more!
linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the look of solid colored dresses with scarves! Way to go being brave and showing things that aren't completely perfect!

    Sierra
    Sierra Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.