5.21.2017

Mixing Patterns & Eastern Oregon Bucket List

We are officially moving!
 While we have certainly been blessed by the experiences we've had and people we've met in Hermiston, Daniel and I have always intended to return to our roots in the Willamette Valley. He has been working so hard to find a job, and officially landed one in Woodburn! We are feeling so joyful to be closer to family, friends, and alll the trees. 
As we wrap up our time on the eastern side of the state, we realized there's a few things we haven't done out here that we wanted to be sure to. We've jokingly called it our "Eastern Oregon Bucket List". There's not an actual document, it's more of a mental list. 

One of the top items on our list was to go to Hamley's restaurant in Pendleton. 
This steakhouse is in a building which dates back to 1869! There's original eighteenth century bars, an original bank wall, and authentic tin ceilings. Every detail is so cool and takes you back to the cowboy days. 
The food was rich and fantastic, and the cocktails were delicious too. I enjoyed a lemon-blueberry drink. 
Pendleton is full of history, and we've enjoyed exploring it. 
As we were getting ready for this date night, I was about to put on my usual floral dress and cardigan when I felt like mixing it up. I wanted to wear something that wasn't my usual feminine and soft style. 
 I ended up in this layered look with a striped swing dress, red statement necklace, bold bag, and grey sneakers. 
I like the contrast of the two patterns in this outfit. I was surprised how much I liked the dress and sneakers look, too. It definitely felt less girly than my usual night-out attire, but I enjoyed the boldness and playfulness of this outfit. 
We've started doing a little packing here and there, I paired my closet down to a minimalist wardrobe for the next month. What tips do you have for successful and less-stress moving? We're renters. I moved a lot in college, but before I was married and had so much stuff! 
Thanks for stopping by! If you liked this post check out my other style and travel posts like exploring Seattle in the spring, and a floppy hat and floral dress in the Wallowas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.