6.09.2017

Summer Wedding Style Guide

It is wedding season! Love is in the air!
I thought I would take a chance this season to share style tips for attending a wedding. 

When it comes to summer weddings, I love to wear cheerful dresses that are a little more flirty and feminine than something I would wear to work. I haven't attended many super formal weddings, so I tend to go with knee-length or shorter dresses. I like to accessorize with jewelry that's a little fancy. Polished nails are a nice touch, and heels that are comfortable enough to dance in are a must. Handsome hubby in a suit is a bonus! The above photo is from an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception.
For a more casual completely outdoor wedding, I wore this chambray dress and Daniel wore a dotted skinny tie. For weddings that are more relaxed, it is fun to throw in some trendy pieces to add some fancy style.
Sometimes it can be really fun to coordinate with your date, but sometimes it's nice to mix it up! For an August wedding we mixed patterns and I busted out the pearls. 
Are you ever unsure what to wear to a wedding? It can be hard to judge what to wear sometimes. The Black Tux has an excellent guide for appropriate apparel for a variety of wedding types. 

Check out their great styles on their Wedding Tuxedos & Suits Rental Page.
Do you have any weddings to attend this summer? Our big wedding of the year is coming in September. My brother-in-law is marrying a wonderful person, and they could not be a better pair. 
If you enjoyed this post check out my other summer style posts like restyling my going away dress, a fun romper, or a tie-neck tank.
linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Ya'll are too cute!! Love your guide :)

    Katherine | www.oneswainkycouple.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts.